Here Are The Rules for This Award:
- Acknowledge the nominating blogger.
- Share 11 random facts about yourself.
- Answer 11 questions the nominating blogger has created for you.
- Nominate 11 bloggers. They should be bloggers you think deserve the recognition and a little blogging love.
- Post 11 questions for the bloggers you nominate to answer and let all the bloggers know they have been nominated. You can not nominate the blogger that nominated you.
11 Random Facts About Me:
- I would prefer to clean toilets than vacuum, any day.
- I love lists. I make lists of lists, in fact.
- I once had a rat for a pet.
- I love dark winter mornings, but only with a hot cup of coffee.
- My favourite cookies are gingersnaps.
- I live on a farm now, but I didn't know the difference between a combine or an auger when I was growing up.
- I wore braces on my teeth for three years.
- When I was about four-years-old I decided I wanted to be a Mommy when I grew up. I can still picture the frying pan that I imagined came with the job.
- I enjoy refinishing furniture.
- I love to organize, and could spend days on end doing it if I didn't have other responsibilities.
- I spent my ninth birthday in the Philippines.
Answers to Missy's questions:
Fugitive Pieces by Anne Michaels. It's the only book I've read three times, and I think it's almost time to read it again!
2. Do you prefer paper books or e-books?
Paper books, always and forever, paper books. E-books have their place and are lovely in their portability and affordability, but nothing can replace the feel of a paper book in my hands!
3. How long have you been blogging?
On and off since 2010. My current blog, Back in The Hills, was started in April 2013
4. What is your favourite part of being a mom?
Getting to be at home and explore all the many interests I've always wanted to, like notebook making, blogging, teaching my kids about art.
5. What is your favourite thing to do with your children?
Go walking outside. They are happiest outside and always find something to explore.
6. What have you have learned recently?
I recently learned about Link Parties, which has been great in connecting with other bloggers.
7. What is your favourite blog, other than your own?
I really enjoy The Imagination Tree, as Anna always has interesting ideas for exploring art and the natural world, as well as including lots of literacy and number skills.
8. What is your favourite colour?
Probably green, though dark red comes in a close second.
9. Why do you blog?
To share my ideas with other people, and because I love to write and take photos. Seeing my posts all completed with photos and text is a satisfying feeling -it wraps up an experience in such a tidy way!
10. How many children do you have?
Two. Yummy is almost four and a half, and Dooter will be two in December.
11. What is your favourite post on your blog?
My favourite post is Painting with Crocuses, mainly because I just love the photo of the crocus paintbrush, but also because artmaking is always a success for me when I can involve both the kids at their own levels.
My Nominations for the Sunshine Awards are:
- Salsa Pie
- The Imagination Tree
- Simple Kids
- Frogs, Snails, and Puppy Dog Tails
- Rainy Day Mum
- Ducks 'n a Row
- Little Bins for Little Hands
- A Little Learning For Two
- Here Come The Girls
- Be The Change
My Questions for the New Nominees:
- Why did you start blogging?
- Where do you get blogging inspiration?
- What is a goal you are working on right now?
- If you had unlimited money, how would you fill your time?
- If you could relive one moment of your life, what would it be and why?
- What is the most interesting place you have visited?
- As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
- Are you an introvert or an extrovert?
- What do you like best about Autumn?
- What book are you currently reading?
- Name your favourite artist.
I'd love for you to share your favourite blog in the comments -it's always nice to discover new ones!